UPDATES: Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Relief Efforts
PCCF has coordinated with AFCM to aid in the Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts aka Operation Tulong. Thank You to Father Ben Ebcas for these updates.
OPERATION TULONG/TABANG- FOR TYPHOON YOLANDA VICTIMS IN THE PHILIPPINES
UPDATE # 4
As of Nov.20, 2013, on our 10th day of Relief Operations, here are our updates:
1. Financial Assistance, as of 6:00pm today, our total collections $150,869.80. We are still receiving cash donations. Thanks to our generous donors. There are several persons who don't even demand a receipt but we still provided for ...record purposes. Our books are open for you to search your name and donations. If you have donated a certain amount in cheque or cash and you don't find your name in the list, I will take personal responsibility. We are transparent. We do our best to protect your donation because you worked for it and it comes from your heart. Thank you for sharing your blessings. As mandated by the Archbishop, we shall submit the money to the Archdiocese this week or next week so they can send it immediately to the Bishops of the Philippines via Caritas Philippines, the charitable arm of Pope Francis I.
2. Donations in kind. We shall load and ship our boxes tomorrow morning in two 40ft container trailers bound for the Philippines. I shall monitor the journey of these donated goods until they reach their intended beneficiaries c/o Archbishop John F. Du, D.D. of the Archdiocese of Palo, Leyte; Bishop Leonardo Medroso, D.D., Diocese of Tagbilaran; Archbishop Jose Palma, D.D., Archbishop of Cebu; Archbishop Angel Lagdameo, D.D.; Archdiocese of Jaro; Bishop Abarquez of Diocese of Calbayog, Bishop Barquez, Diocese of Borongan. If needed, I will go home to accompany the Bishops as they claim these goods and get their acknowledgment.
Thanks to all our volunteers. they have worked day and night. Some worked until midnight to finish some tasks that need to be accomplished. To our generous donors, may God reward you abundantly and keep you always in His care.
We will hold a Thanksgiving Mass for all volunteers on Monday, Nov. 25 @ 7pm at Our Lady of the Assumption Church.
For those who have been very critical of our mission, I prayed for you. Maybe God has other plans for you. Maybe you are experiencing your inner storms that made it difficult to see the many good things happening around you. God bless you always. God bless Canada! God bless the Philippines! Mabuhay!
Update # 3: As of Nov.17, 2013- After 7 days of operation, here are the updates:
OPERATION TULONG/TABANG: TYPHOON YOLANDA VICTIMS
1. Monetary Donations (Cash or Cheque)- as of 7:30PM, total collection $113,395.95. Alleluia! We will still continue to receive cash or cheque donations.
2. Donations in Kind- This week we will be shipping 2 containers of door to door boxes. We have generous sponsors t...o ship our goods for free. We also have standby shipment funds on hand just in case there will be extra boxes to be sent. The mountain of goods and the hundreds of boxes are not problems but blessings. From the management point of view, there was no time we ever doubted if we can send them all. I studied the whole process before we launched it. We had strategies in place. Just implementing the first strategy, everything worked on smoothly. No worries my friends. During the relief operations for Typhoon Ondoy, we sent 800 boxes. Most of our volunteers if not all, are experienced and reliable. Hence, we are so blessed and are profoundly grateful to them.
Thanks again to all our Community leaders, our staff, counters, caretakers, volunteers, our AFCM Ministries, parishioners and all our Donors. May God reward your generosity and benevolence a hundredfold. God bless Canada. God bless the Philippines. Mabuhay!
Update #2 - Nov 16th, 2013
WORDS OF THANKS to all volunteers and parish staff and 2nd UPDATE from Fr. Ben Ebcas, Director of the Archdiocesan Filipino Catholic Mission in Toronto and Pastor of the Our Lady of Assumption (OLA) Church on Bathurst Street on Typhoon Haiyan Relief Efforts at OLA:
(Nov. 16, 2013, Saturday)- After six days of operation, as of 9:00pm, here are the updates:
1. Monetary Contributions (Cash and Cheque)- Overall Total- $89,620.20 which includes donations for shipment.
2. Donations in kind. We have already shipped more than 200 boxes of goods. We will be sending early next week a 40 ft container van to be filled with 360 boxes. Thanks to our countless volunteers who are so generous and fun to work with. They don't only bring, sort, pack and box donated goods. Most importantly, they bring the goodness of their hearts and manifest the Filipinos' "Bayanihan" spirit. Thanks to all our donors that come to our church doors as far as Peterborough, Burlington, Ajax, Barrie, etc. I am sure God is very happy with your works of mercy. God bless you all.
Special thanks to our Spiritual Leader in the Archdiocese of Toronto, His Eminence, Thomas Cardinal Collins and His Auxiliary, Bishop William McGrattan for visiting our parish twice this week and celebrating the Mass for the people of the Philipppines especially those struck by the Super storm Typhoon Haiyan.
Thanks to all our community leaders, like Senator Tobias Enverga and his wife Rosemer, leaders from Filipino organizations , and our Ministries of Social Action, Temporalities, Worship, etc. Our office staff, caretakers and volunteers that work early morning till late at night are admirable. God is Good. All the Time
As of Nov 16th, 2013, in-kind donations will NO longer be accepted at the Our Lady of Assumption Church. Due to the overwhelming response by the community, the church is now at its full capacity. We would like to THANK YOU ALL for your generosity!! If you have goods that you would still like to send to the Philippines, you may send your donation directly to one of the addresses below.
Bishop Leonardo Medroso
Diocese of Tagbilaran, D.D.
St. Joseph Cathedral
CPG Avenue, Tagbilaran City
Archbishop John Du, D.D.
c/o Sts. Peter and Paul Parish
Ormoc City, Leyte Philippines
In Cash donations will be accepted and cheques should be made payable to:
Our Lady of Assumption Earthquake/Typhoon Relief
On the memo: AFCM or Filipino Catholic Mission
***Tax Receipts will be issued by Our Lady of Assumption Church.
Tax Receipts will be issued by OLA and Ottawa will match the donation until December 9, 2013.
"...For every eligible dollar donated by individual Canadians to registered Canadian charities in response to the crisis in the Philippines the government will donate an additional dollar – effectively doubling their contribution."